Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Garmin Earthmate and google earth

MITCHMO

Does anyone have any knowledge with garmin earthmate app and the ability to put google earth points on it? Seems like a good way to use offline satellite imagery and my google earth points so I’m not trying to not use my phone and GPS all the time. I can just use my phone. Doing some internet searching and coming up dry.

I’ll probably just end up buying onX but I don’t really need it. I just want imagery and google earth points. I don’t need boundaries.

Does anyone have any knowledge with garmin earthmate app and the ability to put google earth points on it? Seems like a good way to use offline satellite imagery and my google earth points so I’m not trying to not use my phone and GPS all the time. I can just use my phone. Doing some internet searching and coming up dry.

I’ll probably just end up buying onX but I don’t really need it. I just want imagery and google earth points. I don’t need boundaries.
Been trying to do the same with the InReach mini, not my primary nav device, but would still be nice to have. Just as you, I have had no luck so far. I will post back if I make any headway.

If you go into garmin earthmate account on a computer you can import GPX, KML, KMZ files from your computer into the map account. If you saved your google earth waypoints and lines you can import them into earthmate. This would work the same as onX although if you need property or game unit borders you wont have that, on second thought you could import a toprut type file for management units.

If you go into garmin earthmate account on a computer you can import GPX, KML, KMZ files from your computer into the map account. If you saved your google earth waypoints and lines you can import them into earthmate. This would work the same as onX although if you need property or game unit borders you wont have that, on second thought you could import a toprut type file for management units.
Thanks!! I’m 5 min from hoping in the truck to head for Idaho but I’ll know for next time.

WA,

How did you get Earthmate on your computer? I can only find the app for my phone.

Thanks,

Jim

explore.garmin.com is the website once you set up a login you manage all of your earthmate account on there. You can set up automatic messages, add contacts, see your map, etc.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back