Gaiters

With owning Kenetrek, Kuiu, and OR gaiters the only ones that have lasted more than a season have been the Kuiu Yukon gaiters. I'm not a Kuiu fan boy at all, but they got this pair of gaiters right. I bought a pair of kenetreks and they are heavy, hold water because they have a fleece exterior, and have trouble staying strapped. They lasted a year for me before I made a switch. I researched Sitka and Kuiu. I prefer Sitka for the most part because of durability, but the zipper turned me off. If in freezing temps the zipper will be very difficult to undo. I went with the Kuiu Yukon and have loved them. I bought a pair of OR gaiters for my wife a couple of years ago. The OR gaiters are louder than the Kuiu in my opinion and don't stay up as well. She struggled with them. Walden Double Packout.jpg

I have the kenetrek gaiters. While trying them on in my house after receiving them in the mail, the button ripped out as I was taking them off. I would’ve sent them back, but I was leaving on a trip a week later and had to use them. I would definitely expect more from a product that cost that much.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back