G5

elk_hunter

Does anyone endorse the G5 Striker? I've heard it's better than the G5 Montec. I'm trying to figure out what fixed-blade broadheads to go with this year and the Strikers look mighty nice. Thoughts? Opinions?

I don't' think the striker is a fixed blade broadhead. It's a replaceable. I have a hunting buddy that started shooting them late this last season and claims they fly just like field points and really seems to like them.

True; I should have been more specific. I'm not interested in any mechanical expanding broadheads. The striker blades can be replaced; maybe that defines them as non-fixed, but also non-mechanical?

I'm strongly considering trying the strikers this year. Supposed to be very sharp, fly great, and be tough. They are making a new one this year Striker Magnum, that are the same except a 1.5" cut. I'll probably stick to the regular ones personally. The others I'm thinking of trying out this year are the Magnus Snuffer SS and the NAP Hellrazor's.

Does anyone endorse the G5 Striker? I've heard it's better than the G5 Montec. I'm trying to figure out what fixed-blade broadheads to go with this year and the Strikers look mighty nice. Thoughts? Opinions?
I shoot the Montec and they work great with my set up. Curious, what does "better" mean?

I would assume the better is related to sharpness. I've heard of numerous people having trouble getting Montecs super sharp, but all indications on the strikers is they come very sharp and are easy to get even sharper.

"better" in two areas. I've heard of complaints with the sharpness, as pointed out and I've also heard of the broadheads breaking off shafts around the threaded area - some have hinted it's from hitting bone? Or weakness in the arrow?

I just want to get a decent broadhead and kill animals this year. But, as of now, I'm running field points. :(

The striker is the best fixed blade broadhead that I have ever shot. I used to shoot the montec, the striker is sharper than any other head that i've tried. A bunch of my friends shoot these heads and have had great results.

Go G5 and don't look back.

G5 for life!

))--SLIVER-->

I started shooting them last year and have not found a better broadhead to shoot. I like the fact that I can replace the blades instead of sharpening them. I like the arrow flight that they provide. Through my bow I made a couple slight adjustments and they fly as well as my field points. I harvested 11 game animals with them last year and they seem to go where I want them.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back