Caribou Gear

full moon hunting

slamdmini

my utah muley hunt will be during a full moon this year. what are ur suggestions for hunting during a full moon. i kno the area very well, as ive hunted/camped there many times before. elevation is 6500-10000. any help would be appreciated.

I quit worrying about the moon. just get out and hunt all day, no coming back to camp at lunch to head back in the evening. I was archery hunting elk in the full moon this year and took my bull a couple days after the full moon, point being that the animals are still out there feeding, watering and stretching their legs.

ya thats the way ive always hunted. we pack our lunches and whatever else we need for the day, leave the truck before sunrise and come back after sunset. i was just wondering if there was anything in particular they do during the full moon

Back East the full moon means a lot more mid day activity for the deer.
I killed my elk on the full moon (20th) at 3:00 after an all day 'chase down' that started before light. The herd never bedded and actually barely stopped moving and carrying on - even after we took 2 bulls from the group.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back