PEAX Equipment

Fuel Alternatives - Flying to an Island in Alaska

ThunderNocked

So this October I'll be flying to an Island in Alaska. I just checked with the one store and they don't carry fuel for my JetBoil - we are going to be camping so I will need to be able to heat water. The store claimed to carry Coleman Fuel and Coleman butane (green canisters).
Is there a way to use the Coleman Fuel and a can with the JetBoil? Could I use one of the canisters you have to pump? Obviously I can't fly with any fuel - so need to figure out a way to use what will be there.

If I needed to but an alternative to the JetBoil what have you guys used that can run off of the Coleman Fuel?

Thanks.

Also if your using Aleutian outfitters, Jack had a pile of ISO canisters at the house. If that's your case might send out an email.

I use a whisperlite international in Alaska. It will burn anything. white gas, unleaded, av gas, etc. the boil time for water varies so make sure to have enough fuel to adjust for that.
perfect - I live in Fairbanks and I have the JetBoil but have heard it isn't good for the winter months and hunting. I wanted to do a winter camp out and that was one of the factors I didn't.

Thanks guys.

Def recommend a Whisperlite intl. I’ve used that thing in Afghanistan, Iraq, East Africa, and some other less than hospitable locales and have burned literally every type of fuel you can imagine. As long as you keep it clean and free of carbon build up, it will last forever.

All of that said, Haven’t done the Alaska thing yet, so not as familiar with the logistics specific to that part of the country, and defer to some of the others here who are more informed, but you may be able to drop ship some ISO canisters to someone who can hold them for you?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back