Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Friend won the Montana Bison Super Tag

Fishtacos

Im really excited because my friend drew the bison super tag this year. Been doing a lot of research to be as prepared as possible. We've been scouring the internet, hunt talk and rokslide to get as much information as possible, but would appreciate any insights you might have to share.

The super tag is special, with a lot of regions opened up. We're going to put a lot of time in the field and are scouting and e-scouting pretty heavily right now. We're trying to work out the plans that could put us in the best position/ best probability of success. It sounds like some years the Bison don't migrate out of the park, particularly if the winter isn't bad, so we're looking to work out plans in case that happens. I did read a post from someone who didn't get an opportunity on their bison super tag as the bison didnt come out of the park their year - season opener/early season might be the answer to that based on some research we've come across.

We've got a bit of an opener/early season plan, and a bit of a plan around what to do as the season wears on and if a bison migration out of the park starts. Would still appreciate your opinions on those parts of where you would look and what you might be thinking about for those parts of the season. For the middle part of the season, we don't have much of a plan yet, working on that now and would be great to get some input from you all there.

One of my Dads friends drew a tag last year. He had been applying for more than 15 years! At this point though he is older and not able to spend a lot of time hunting. Like your talking about the problem this guy ran into was the herds stayed in Yellowstone. They basically spent 5 or 6 days staring at Buffalo just inside Yellowstone. They talked to an FWP officer while they were there and he said the heard did move outside and on to huntable land but they didn't stay long when it happened. Last winter was nothing to write home about though either. Hopefully you will have better luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back