Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forgotten Calibers

I have a 6.5 Swede, a 280AI, a 270, several 30-06's and a 35 Whelen. At different periods in my hunting life I have thought them all to be the miracle cartridge.

For some years now I just use my Sako Finnlight in .308.

Haven’t had much of a prob finding 6mm ammo for my little Rem but it’s big brother in .350Rem Mag is another story. I don’t reload anymore and (since I kept the last partial box of Core-locts that my pops originally gave me with the gun as a momento) my last purchase of custom shop box of 225g Nosler partitions ran north of $100🤷🏻‍♂️
97E185DB-584C-4D03-9200-B9422112571D.jpeg

I'm hoping Ruger brings back the 308MX and 338MX or their equivalent when the get the levers rolling off the line.

It was a belted case in an improper rifle when first introduced. Since the 6.5s are the cat's meow these days, a re-intro sans belt in a good bolt action might catch on.
The new 6.5 PRC seems like it would be just about exactly that. I'd have to compare case dimensions, but it would be pretty darn close. The 6.5 PRC is supposedly gaining fast and many feel in a couple years it will tower over the 6.5 Man Bun!

Haven’t had much of a prob finding 6mm ammo for my little Rem but it’s big brother in .350Rem Mag is another story. I don’t reload anymore and (since I kept the last partial box of Core-locts that my pops originally gave me with the gun as a momento) my last purchase of custom shop box of 225g Nosler partitions ran north of $100🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 179383
Crappy picture but this is a Model 600 Centennial in 6mm Remington made in 1964. 75th Anniversary of Statehood and 100th Anniversary of the Montana Territory. I believe there were only 1100 roughly of the Centennial models made. It was mine given to me by my father and it is now my oldest sons. Killed a ton of coyotes, gophers, antelope, and deer. Weaver K4 scope on it as it has been since 1972.

1617561440648.png

Crappy picture but this is a Model 600 Centennial in 6mm Remington made in 1964. 75th Anniversary of Statehood and 100th Anniversary of the Montana Territory. I believe there were only 1100 roughly of the Centennial models made. It was mine given to me by my father and it is now my oldest sons. Killed a ton of coyotes, gophers, antelope, and deer. Weaver K4 scope on it as it has been since 1972.

View attachment 179415

Nice!! Love those little quick pointers!
I haven’t used my .350 for years now but it was my go to for elk when I lived on the Oregon coast. Much more forgiving to carry packing through the tan oak, vine maple, salal, etc. then my .300WM is and anything over 4x was rarely needed! My old man only shot one elk with it before I inherited it but the little 6mm was his go to for blacktails and the occasional antelope.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back