Forgot the camera

Nemont

So all I have is a couple of crappy cellphone pics. My son and I and a buddy who had not been able to hunt for two years due to a neck injury spent Sunday afternoon on the river. The wind howled out of the West all day and we had a nice little back water that was quiet and out of the wind.

First bird of the day was a nice drake Gadwall.

My 14 year old and the bird

kmanducks.png

Ended up with a mixed bag 18 ducks (yes a few hens but if you hunt with a 14 year old you let them takes the shots they are comfortable with and some hens die). We had several flocks of white geese and Canada geese fly over us but they didn't want to play. Going to give them a working over on this weekend.
SouthValley-20111106-00046.jpg

I will bring the camera along next time.

Nemont

Good show! Especially having the son with you!
A bud and I let sons shoot at any legal bird they wanted too from the time they were 10 until they were 15.....then , we made them start IDing and shooting selectively....paid off as they still got "young" eyes and can tell a Can from a Red Head flying together in fog at first light!!

Wingman,
Stay tuned as I may have a few pics up soon of some goose hunts. Saw a few thousand migrators dumping into a field north of town at noon. They came from up high out of the north and spent about 15 minutes on the ground and then most were back in the air headed to the lake.

Should be fun for awhile.

Nemont

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back