Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Folding Bi-pods?

If you want an external, a Bog Pod with the new pivoting attachment that stays on your sling swivel is pretty good. I have a Harris and a Bog Pod and each is better in certain circumstances. I usually just use my pack when hunting in the mountains.

I switched over from a bipod to shooting sticks. With downhill or uphill shots the bipod is useless and just extra weight I need to carry around. I switched to the double crossed shooting sticks and have been happy with them. Just this year I have seen 4 animals die because of them.

Woah, I love that sling adaptor idea! I'm going to get one asap for my bogpod.

If you want an external, a Bog Pod with the new pivoting attachment that stays on your sling swivel is pretty good. I have a Harris and a Bog Pod and each is better in certain circumstances. I usually just use my pack when hunting in the mountains.

I'm thinking a Bog-pod now. Double as spotter/camera tripod.
My Manfrotto tripod is pretty light for a rest I think.

I'm thinking a Bog-pod now. Double as spotter/camera tripod.
My Manfrotto tripod is pretty light for a rest I think.

Just mount a shooting rest on a quick release plate for you manfrotto. The v shaped rest from my Primos monopod unscrews and is the same size as my QR plates for the manfrotto system. Should save you some cash.

The only time I use sticks is when the plants are too tall for a bipod or pack.

Just mount a shooting rest on a quick release plate for you manfrotto. The v shaped rest from my Primos monopod unscrews and is the same size as my QR plates for the manfrotto system. Should save you some cash.

Duhhh,...I shoulda thought of that!...I'm gonna get it out of my truck and try it.
I can pull the Y-yoke off my Eastmans shooting stick and try it.
My Manfrotto is very light ,but should work sitting or kneeling good. I rarely ever spot or shoot standing anymore anyway.
I have many friends that shoot off their spotters & binos on tripods with no problem it seems.
1.5 lbs vs 2.5-5lbs..mmm.
I did have it blow over in a gale in the Sierras once and it fell on granite and cracked the QR shrowd. A scratch on the leg too, but no damage at all to my Alpen spotter. Manfrotto sent me a new one. Thanks!

Done in 5 minutes,lol.
The yoke spun right on. I glass from the yoke too with my binos.
I now have a super lightweight shooting/spotting/camera tripod,and totally adjustable up to standing.
And I already had it. The joystick has always been small and tuff to really lock up but it's a 3 way head. Works for this application fine.
I tried it just over the spotter and that works too.
My Alpen spotter & Hogue stock have rubber like coatings,so soft contact.
Thanks for the lightbulb tip...lol

Back