Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FN Made Winchester Model 70's

Recon_Doc

Anyone have any input or opinions on the new M70's made by FN? I just inherited one made by them. It's the Extreme Weather stainless steel version. The rifle looks beautiful. Comes with a Bell & Carlson stock with aluminum bedding block, fluted barrel, and jeweled bolt. The gun has never been shot, chambered in 30.06. Thinking of using it as my Elk/Deer rifle this fall.

I've got one in .308 and I love the thing. If you check out my video I recently posted titled My 2015 Oregon Coast Spring Bear you see it in action at 425 yards. One shot one poleaxed bear. :D I can shoot 5" groups at 500 yards with it and I am not a great shot.

I do have to say that my buddy just bought a 30-06 and it doesn't shoot nearly as well. No idea why that would be???

I've got one in .308 and I love the thing. If you check out my video I recently posted titled My 2015 Oregon Coast Spring Bear you see it in action at 425 yards. One shot one poleaxed bear. :D I can shoot 5" groups at 500 yards with it and I am not a great shot.

I do have to say that my buddy just bought a 30-06 and it doesn't shoot nearly as well. No idea why that would be???

Every rifle is different. Some shoot, some don't. Especially true when dealing with factory, mass produced rifles.

Is your buddy hand loading? You can't judge a rifle without hand loading. My best shooting rifle will hold 2" at 600yds if I do my part. It barely holds 2" at 100yds with factory ammo.

Early 90's New Havens "classics" with a real Winchester trigger. That said, everything I hear of the FNs is great save some of the trigger complaints.

The New Haven guns were garbage. I got rid of two of them. I love this new MOA trigger system. If you haven't tried it I encourage you to do so

Wonder why 5/6 digit New Havens are so sought after then?

If you're talking about the push feed rifles, I have no idea why anyone would seek out one. Mine had hot glue holding it to the bedding. Not a reliably accurate gun

I own one chambered in 7mm, and I don't shoot my other model 70 anymore! I wanted another rifle in the stainless platform and after many discussions on different calibers, I now own two 7mm's. My theory two rifles same bullet!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back