Caribou Gear Tarp

Florida Keys Charters

Dwreckers

Going to the Florida keys with my wife end of April/ beginning of May staying in Islamorada. I know there’s a ton of charters down there but just would like any first hand experiences on any. Hoping to go out twice down there. Looking for a flats fishing trip and maybe a deep sea

I’d highly recommend Captain Easy Charters in Islamorada. My wife and I fished with him and had a great time. He fishes both inshore and offshore. We went on the first day of grouper season (May 1 that year) and caught grouper, yellowtail and mutton snapper, amberjack, mahi mahi, and blackfin tuna.

Greg Poland would be my choice out of Islamorada. He can/will do both and has vessels for each. You won’t be disappointed.

Depends on what you want to do. If you want some patch reef bottom fishing I can make some good recommendations. If you're into tarpon/backcountry I'm not the guy to talk to. I find the local charters or charters out of Robbie's a bit more reasonable than anything out of Bud N' Mary's.
Here's a video of some patch reef I did last Feb. with Satisfaction Charters (Capt Brian). Patch reef fishing if lots of action with some great eating fish.

Was down there the same time period last year. Rented a house with pool, boat dock, and boat for a week. Got boarded by Coast Guard first day for safety check. When asked for a picture with all those guys, they quickly all pulled up their gaiter masks.
Windy all week, but caught lot of yellow tail, small hammer heads, Lots of little fish, and other cool stuff. Lot of big ones snapped our lines. Here are a few of the nice ones!
IMG_8805.JPGIMG_8804.JPGIMG_8800.JPGIMG_8806.JPGIMG_8809.JPGIMG_8810.JPGIMG_8811.JPG

it's beautiful in the Keys!

Back