PEAX Equipment

fishing in Kobuk National Park-Alaska

northwestalaska

Orvis and Marv:

I thought that I would share a few more fishing photos with you from the great white north.

The first one is my wife hooking a nice little Dolly in the Kalarichuk River which is located in Kobuk Valley National Park. The second is a neat pic of a type of Lake Trout that we have up here also caught in the Kalarichuk River. What makes this trout unusual is this river is about 40 miles north of the Arctic Circle and trout do not range this far north. The meat was golden yellow and the fish had a mouth that looked like it would eat a bucket.

To reach the Kalarichuk you need to travel by boat almost 150 miles east of Kotzebue up the Kobuk River. The total tistance traveled on that trip was just over 400 miles in a Hues Craft River Runner, lots of gas. This was a week long trip and we ended up in the Kobuk Dunes which are the largest dune formation north of the Arctic Circle. They cover about 26 sq. miles and I have lots of pics of the trip going up on my web site as we speak.

Lots of cool fishing and some hunting photos too.

Walt
Northwest Alaska back Country Rentals
www.northwestalaska.com

PS I am still tying to learn how to reduce the size of the photos, any help would be great! I know how to hunt and fish but the computer still stops me cold!

Attachments

• 111_1129.JPG
    111_1129.JPG
    875 KB · Views: 588
Nice pics Walt, I hope to be up that way sometime in this first lifetime.
Tell the Mrs. congrats on the nice DV...must have been tough to hook laying on her side like that.... ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back