MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fishing for coyotes

Doug

I'd to hear your opinion of coyote fishing. Is it any more cruel than running down coyotes with snowmobiles or shooting wet bitches and letting pups to starve in the den? What do you think?
Doug

http://www.kcentv.com/state.html#'Coyote

'Coyote fishing' among animal threats at Padre Island Seashore

(Corpus Christi-AP) -- Some pelicans, deer and other creatures on Padre Island must flee from such threats as poaching, target practice or simple cruelty from human visitors.

That's what park rangers at the Padre Island National Seashore in South Texas are saying. For the six rangers who patrol about 133,000 acres, some of the worst animal cruelty involves what they call "coyote fishing." That's where coyotes are baited with food attached to a fishing line, then dragged and tortured.

Ranger and Padre Island chief of education Juan Rodriguez tells the Corpus Christi Caller-Times -- "It's almost hard to believe people can do some of these type things."

He says several people have been arrested for killing a coyote they caught with a hot dog on fishing line strung down the beach.

Is sitting in a trap with a broken leg for a day or 2, or hanging in a snare having the life choked out of you any more humane? Sure , the dispatch after the fact is probably humane.

:mad: shit like that is what gives us hunters a bad name. That is the kind of stuff that fuel's the anti's it is to bad people would be that stupid to do crap like that.

I've also heard of taking large meat hooks or big treble hooks and wrapping meat around them, then hanging them in trees high enough that a mountain lion (or other big cat) has to jump up and grab it with their front paws. Then they hang there and die of thirst, unless they bleed to death first.

The excuse is often given that "they are killing my cattle or sheep." I'm sorry, but that does not excuse it to me. A rancher may feel differently, but I'm entitled to my opinion, just like Greenhorn gut shoots coyotes. :rolleyes:

Calif.Hunter, I know you said you "heard" of lions being caught that way, but I don't believe it. The reason being lions like fresh meat, they like to kill what they eat. But who knows in todays messed up world, anything can happen I guess lol. All I can say about the coyote thing is don't give the antis ammo, because the'll sure shoot you with it.

There are some things that are just not ethical, no matter how it's sugar coated, and I would say that some of these way's are over the line...

Trying to hook coyotes using hotdogs for bait is really dumb. A nice lively kitty with a 3 hook harness trolled behind a pick-up at 25 mph works much better. :D

Doug, You wouldn't have a Picture would ya ;)

HAve you seen that after market Car Comercial that has the Cat looking at the Car and Trying to get in it and The Car gets teh Cat ?!?!? VERRY VERRY unapropriot but Funner then Hell if you can take a Joke
If you have a Fast conection I'll send it to ya

That video is great. I wonder if I could get one of those sunroofs installed in my truck. :D

Fishing for coyotes does seem cruel to me. I wouldn't do it......Hell I don't even hunt coyotes in the Spring or Summer months. ;)
Doug

I blast more than a pickup load every year.I have no problem killing them, but torture is a little different. I don't think I would take to kindly to some one dragging a gut hooked coyote.They are an intelligent Wiley opponent and deserve more respect than that.

Back