First Trad Kill

JV842

IMG_3005.jpegIMG_3004.jpegIMG_3008.jpeg
Ain’t much of a buck but it’s been too cool hunting w this beauty!!! Missed a good 10pt during archery season at 28yds. Shouldn’t have taken the shot, he was nervous, arrow went where I wanted, but he didn’t. So I gave myself a self imposed distance limit of 16yds. He came out w a nice 9pt but I’ve left the bigger bucks to my grandson now since rifle season has started; hopefully more to come on that he’s on a mission n has passed on some good ones, I hand threw some corn before daylight on a trail leading to a feeder (I know chkn shit) n he gave me a good quartering away shot.

View attachment 303843View attachment 303845View attachment 303844
Ain’t much of a buck but it’s been too cool hunting w this beauty!!! Missed a good 10pt during archery season at 28yds. Shouldn’t have taken the shot, he was nervous, arrow went where I wanted, but he didn’t. So I gave myself a self imposed distance limit of 16yds. He came out w a nice 9pt but I’ve left the bigger bucks to my grandson now since rifle season has started; hopefully more to come on that he’s on a mission n has passed on some good ones, I hand threw some corn before daylight on a trail leading to a feeder (I know chkn shit) n he gave me a good quartering away shot.
Nice job! Such a great feeling with a trad bow!

Nice looking bow! Love re-curves and used to shoot one quite a bit. But was never good enough to consider hunting big game with one. Did get a few hare's with one while stationed in Germany though. Had a 54 lb Herter's Sitka Mag and only used cedar arrows. Don't care for those compound bows at all, never have!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back