Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First Time Antelope Hunter - WY GMU 72

Anyone hunted it before and have any tips? I will be rifle hunting with my .30-06 and think I will head up for a first attempt in the 3rd week of September. I have a doe/fawn tag, rather than a buck tag.

That’s just out my back step and where I first hunted antelope. As long as you have a gps to know you’re on public, you’ll have a great time. Should be no trouble finding animals.

Gmu 72

That’s just out my back step and where I first hunted antelope. As long as you have a gps to know you’re on public, you’ll have a great time. Should be no trouble finding animals.

I saw there is a ton of public around. I have OnX and Backcountry Navigator to ensure I stay where I need to be. Very excited for September.

Tip: dont over-think things, and just enjoy the trip. I had a buck tag there once and the hardest part was staying off the trigger. I planned a 5 day trip and was done in 4 hours. Cant imagine a doe hunt taking more than an hour, lol!

I have a doe/fawn tag for 72 as well. I'm trying to figure out how to get to walk in area 10....I don't see a public road touching any of the area and nothing on the map indicating a parking area, or entry area.

I've hunted areas near 72 in the past and like others have said, it shouldn't be hard to find a doe. I'm sure you'll have a fun hunt.

You won't need a 2nd attempt. I think you'll probably have to try hard to not be tagged out in an hour or two. Have fun!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back