First outing with Henry BB X 45 Colt

Rob96

This past Friday I was able to get up to the range to test this rifle out with a factory load and a few loads I made. Rifle is topped with a Sig Romeo 5 and is for the purpose of close in brush/woods hunting. Started at 25yds to get tings set, then moved to 100yds. Gog conditions kinda made it hard but all went well.

Corbon 300gr JSP "+P"- you know it's something special when you touch one of these off. Nice 1" groups.
250gr Lasercast RNFP with 9grs of Unique. Accurate load again a 1" performer
255gr Missouri SWC Hi-Tek coated:
  1. 9grs of True Blue: shot extremely low but tight at 100yds. Going to bump this up to 12.1 to see how it goes
  2. 9grs of Unique: Great load
250gr Hornady XTP with 10.3grs of Unique: Very performer. I do have H110 for this bullet but till need to find magnum pistol primers.

All in all this rifle will be great for its intended purpose. Targets used were 2" orange dots on cardboard so at 100yds the red dot covered the entire red dot.

Let's see a picture of the beast. For more target accuracy try something that allows you to see the target outside of the red dot. Sounds like it will definitely work great for a short range quick handling deer killer.

Alright so I'm thinking similar to you - Henry lever brush gun with red dot. Good for deer and javelina here in NM. Sounds fun and practical, right? Anyway I'm leaning toward .357 mag, but with factory ammo. I'm curious, how has yours worked for you so far? Taken it hunting yet? Getting good accuracy? Anything you still want to do or wouldn't do to it?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back