First Mount

Jamen

Well I am finally pulling the trigger on getting my first mount done. I am now finally out of college and in a more stable monetary position to find the funds for it. Was a mink I had gotten 5 years ago. I am hoping that it will still be able to mount after the long time. And my old man is finally getting his least weasel mounted. That one worries me it has been in the freezer for longer than my mink.

So if it all goes to plan I will have some pictures to post in several months. Has anyone had an animal mounted after being in the freezer for a long period of time? If so did it turn out like you wanted it?

I just mounted an elk that was shot in 2009 with no issues. However I've had issues with hides that were fresh. It depends on how it was taken care of when you got it

I know of a buck that was mounted after 10+ years in the freezer, it was an old mulie with a scarred over right eye. The hunter only wanted it mounted if he could get it done with the original cape.
With that said a deer has a lot thicker hide than a mink. I hope it turns out great!

Thanks guys I hope that it will still be good. I take them in today hopefully for a quick turn around my new office could use some critters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back