First Howa

The receiver came back from Carbon6 with its new barrel today, and in a rare stroke of luck for me, the new can got parole from NFA jail on Monday. The voices in my head again encouraged me that I could totally do a clean job of inletting the Sendero profile barrel into the Stocky’s stock.

Honestly it came out pretty good, and I bedded the action behind and at the recoil lug and just a little under the barrel right at the lug. It also needed some significant inletting around the Timney, different from what the Rifle Basix needed before.

It sits at exactly 7 pounds as pictured, about 7 ounces less than with the factory barrel cut to 16” and the Griffin can. Now with the 19” barrel and Q can it’s only about 3/4” longer than the 16” and Griffin. With the Jefferson blind mag bottom metal this thing could be nearly 6.5lbs.

I’ll start barrel break in on Sunday or Monday, hoping the accuracy is there too.

IMG_2093.jpeg

Last edited:
The receiver came back from Carbon6 with its new barrel today, and in a rare stroke of luck for me, the new can got parole from NFA jail on Monday. The voices in my head again encouraged me that I could totally do a clean job of inletting the Sendero profile barrel into the Stocky’s stock.

Honestly it came out pretty good, and I bedded the action behind and at the recoil lug and just a little under the barrel right at the lug. It also needed some significant inletting around the Timney, different from what the Rifle Basix needed before.

It sits at exactly 7 pounds as pictured, about 7 ounces less than with the factory barrel cut to 16” and the Griffin can. Now with the 19” barrel and Q can it’s only about 3/4” longer than the 16” and Griffin. With the Jefferson blind mag bottom metal this thing could be nearly 6.5lbs.

I’ll start barrel brake in on Sunday or Monday, hoping the accuracy is there too.

View attachment 300199
I'm running out of reasons to not have one of these. Maybe a shorty integral is in order..

I'm running out of reasons to not have one of these. Maybe a shorty integral is in order..
That sounds awesome. I was getting 2300 out of my 12" upper with factory 105bthp in an AR, loaded to bolt gun pressures I'd guess it would be more like 2400. I've been messing with the 95LRX and its been really impressive so far. I have more brass than I need if you decide to put one together.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back