Firearms world

General walkthrough I do when someone asks if an online retailer is legitimate:

Payment options - if they only take payment in the forms of Cash App, Venmo, Zelle, etc. this is a big red flag and usually no need to investigate further.

Can not verify a physical location - another red flag.

Site was created within the past few months. Doing an ICANN WHOIS/RDAP lookup takes seconds and shows you the site creation date.

If they aren’t a well known, easily verifiable retailer and claim to sell firearms - ask for their FFL number before going any further and run it through the ATF license search. If it doesn’t exist or comes back as a different entity, go ahead and report it to the domain registrar and the ATF.

Site has poor English or grammar (looks like it was created by a person who speaks English as a second language).

That being said, this site was created in December of 2020 (red flag). Zelle or Bitcoin only (red flag). The positive reviews on "website trust" sites look to be fake. Some of the information looks to have been directly copied from other online sites. $30/1k CCI LPPs at an online retailer? Haven't seen that price since early in the year, before the manufacturers jacked their prices up. Doesn't have quantity in stock listed, and at that supposed price he would be flooded and out of stock in minutes.

The FFL license number does match the address listed on the site (a 1300 sq ft house in Topeka...). The phone number is a Northern KS number (easy enough to spoof). The site (although way too busy, little sloppy on the coding) has quite a bit of work done to it, doesn't look to have been written by an ESL creator Edit: The "About" page throws red flags about who wrote this site, lots of mistakes there. Probably one of the few areas they didn't just do a copy/paste. They took more care in setting this up than most scam sites I've seen.

Last edited:
Ya, the Bitcoin and Zelle thing through me for a loop. Then it was PayPal F&F.
Found on another site where a guy got took for $600. Glad I didn’t let my need for H1000 cloud my judgment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back