PEAX Equipment

Finally dove in

Bowhuntrben

After getting much advice from all of you on here a while back, I chickened out on buying a DSLR. After a bunch of people I knew started buying cameras, I could resist the temptation no longer! I went above..way above what I was originally thinking of spending, but I am very happy with my outfit!

I got a Canon 7D with kit 18-135mm lens. I also purchased the Canon 100-400mm L lens so I can take pictures of wildlife with versatility. Hopefully when I can build up the funds a little more, I can get a teleconverter too.

Unfortunately I probably won't have much time until summer to go and find animals to take pictures of, but here is my first subject with my new camera that was not so elusive...the moon!

moon3_zps2dbcdbf7.jpg

Hopefully I can take this camera on my trips out west next fall and get some nice pictures out there!

Congrats man! I've been looking at getting a new body and the 7D is on my list.

You'll love the 100-400 once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Even though I won't be able to get out much, I did a little more testing in the yard. Here are some of the pictures I took. I was testing out the faster shutter speeds with my dog. I am very happy with how the pictures are turning out, especially considering I haven't had a lot of time to learn the best settings for particular situations. I currently have my camera set on manual mode and adjust all the settings. I am very pleased with how quickly it seems like the 100-400mm lens focuses. We will see how it goes once I get a chance at a flying duck.
IMG_0116edit_zps703fa5d2.jpg

IMG_0093edit_zps37226fbe.jpg

IMG_0146edit2_zps0a1b7096.jpg

IMG_0151edit_zps9e5f54f0.jpg

IMG_0163edit_zpsa510ae3a.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself