PEAX Equipment

Favorite turkey calls

I think I have less than than normal IQ turkeys. All my turkeys just stand in road when I drive by. Last fall shot one with my elk in the back of the SXS, on the phone with my buddy, told him to hold, jumped out shot a tom and threw it in the back with elk, then got back on hone and drove to my truck. 75% percent of the time I drive up to the property they are on my road.

Honestly, I am just spoiled they are everywhere, but i do use just an old fashioned box caller when I go up and they are not standing in road.

I think I have less than than normal IQ turkeys. All my turkeys just stand in road when I drive by. Last fall shot one with my elk in the back of the SXS, on the phone with my buddy, told him to hold, jumped out shot a tom and threw it in the back with elk, then got back on hone and drove to my truck. 75% percent of the time I drive up to the property they are on my road.

Honestly, I am just spoiled they are everywhere, but i do use just an old fashioned box caller when I go up and they are not standing in road.
I'd keep that under my hat. I know experienced killers who are getting skunked in GA this year because there's so few birds. Y'all may not realize how serious turkey addicts can be.

I'd keep that under my hat. I know experienced killers who are getting skunked in GA this year because there's so few birds. Y'all may not realize how serious turkey addicts can be.

Ya I notice that. I wish I was more into all birds. Ducks and geese, pheasants. I got quail up the ying yang too. But I will whack a turkey because my area is way way overpopulation. Just doing my part to control it.
Grouse are a different story for me. I will not pass one up.

Back