MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fat Fall crappie

Have you been chasing chukar around? Slim Pickens for me last weekend, got a few, my dog went lame made a short trip of it. Great looking crappie.

Have you been chasing chukar around? Slim Pickens for me last weekend, got a few, my dog went lame made a short trip of it. Great looking crappie.
No,too many joint problems took all the fun out of it. My Brit is 14, blind and almost deaf. He's still active and we take real short hunts from the house for roosters or quail. Heard a few chukar from the reservoir yesterday but I don't think the hunters are doing very well and not many hunting. Not hearing much shooting. It looked like a decent hatch to me, saw quite a few broods in the summer. We have rain coming finally and that should help with the dog work.

Where are you launching? Water looked a little skinny when I was at Hewitt a few weeks ago and Holcomb was closed. Any info greatly appreciated.

Where are you launching? Water looked a little skinny when I was at Hewitt a few weeks ago and Holcomb was closed. Any info greatly appreciated.
I'm launching at Hewitt. It is near the end of the ramp but still doable. It has came up 2 feet since that day I fished. I'm vertical fishing with 2-4lb mono and the smallest rod tip possible. Like a spring bobber in ice fishing.

Reactions: XXL
Over here the reservoir's with crappie have been to low most the year to launch the boat. That would be Prineville and Ochoco. Went out and looked at them a couple weeks ago and the water is a really long way from the dock. haystack is supposed to have them but haven't fished it much. Went by and it's darn near dry! been fishing for cats in the John Day near here but not getting much. Think I only got about 10 all year so far. Fishing really bad around here this year. Shoot I even went to Billi Chinook one time looking for Kokanee. Never have caught one and have never gone out on Billy Chinook without having boat trouble! This time was no exception, no fish and dead battery way out on the reservoir. Sure hope things pick up next year. Not so sure we could get enough rain this winter and spring to fill the reservoirs! Though I read on Ifish where you had moved to Texas?

Back