Caribou Gear

Family duck recipe

SO7mm

With duck season either here or coming soon I thought I'd share a recipe my great uncle taught me a while ago now. Roast the ducks however you prefer at high temperature. He used the oven but my favorite method is on the a Weber Kettle. I put 35 or so briquets and cook them indirect as hot as I can with all the vents wide open and the lid a little cracked. It generally takes about 40 minutes or until you hit 130 to 135 on the thermometer. I'll drain the juices out of the cavity once or twice while they're cooking. Let them sit for a few minutes to rest and warm a sauce consisting of Worchester, butter and lemon. Put three slices on each breast just about down to the bone and put sauce over the duck. My uncle would stuff them with apples, onion and celery which is a nice touch that I still do sometimes. Goes great with rice. Ducks in oven.jpgDucks on grill.jpgFinished duck.jpg

Looks great, what sauce you using? We use a sauce that is port, currant jelly, ketchup, butter and worstechire let simmer while ducks cook, it is really good.

Looks great, what sauce you using? We use a sauce that is port, currant jelly, ketchup, butter and worstechire let simmer while ducks cook, it is really good.
Thanks. It's worstechire, butter and lemon. I like the sounds of the jelly being in there. I'll give that a try.

currant jelly is our classic but i have done raspeberry and blueberry and they all work great with the port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back