Yeti

Factors when choosing a powder

schmalts

For me it is temp sensitivity. I have hunted from 90f all the way down to -15f with the same rifle and load. I guess I look at what data shows the best accuracy for a given caliber and then weed out the temp issue. My last rifle purchase was a 6.5PRC, and unfortunately all things stacked up it is a slow shooter with the factory rounds I bought since no reloading brass was to be found. It is only 50FPS over the 6.5CM so I looked at what powder was best to get speeds back up to where they are supposed to shoot, but that situation is not the norm.

DamascusSteel

For me it is temp sensitivity. I have hunted from 90f all the way down to -15f with the same rifle and load. I guess I look at what data shows the best accuracy for a given caliber and then weed out the temp issue. My last rifle purchase was a 6.5PRC, and unfortunately all things stacked up it is a slow shooter with the factory rounds I bought since no reloading brass was to be found. It is only 50FPS over the 6.5CM so I looked at what powder was best to get speeds back up to where they are supposed to shoot, but that situation is not the norm.
That's crazy

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyGreen1