PEAX Equipment

Ewe Sheep Success! (Pic heavy)

This year I was blessed to draw a Colorado Ewe tag with one preference point. All summer I have been planning and scouting down in the Rio grande National Forest where my tag was valid. Thanks to some great help and advice from @AggieHunter and @Oak I was able to find sheep on both scouting trips.
View attachment 154601View attachment 154602
The season came quick enough, and after extensive packing and planning I was on the road. It is sure some amazing country down there.
View attachment 154603View attachment 154604
The night before opening day, my buddy and I were able to spot a group of Ewes feeding in a grassy hillside quite a bit lower then when I found them in the summer. We made a plan to get to them in the morning.
View attachment 154605
The next morning we found them in the same general area, so we set off after them. After climbing 2800 ft and hiking for over 6 1/2 hours we finally found them bedded on a very steep and rocky mountainside with quite a few cliffs.
View attachment 154606View attachment 154607View attachment 154608View attachment 154610View attachment 154609
For some reason the sheep moved off the cliffs and began feeding up a grassy hillside. I found a legal ewe, my buddy called the range, 357yds and boom. The next thing I knew the sheep was down.
View attachment 154611View attachment 154613View attachment 154612
Approaching that sheep has to be one of the most exciting moments of my life. And now I can’t wait to get to eat some of the most amazing meat in the world. I was thankful to get a sheep, but most of all I was grateful to spend time in Gods amazing country with a great friend. To me that is what hunting is all about.
View attachment 154614
Your all over Colorado!! Nice pics

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back