Episode 74: How much cooler?

FreeAir84

Great discussion with Damon from Orion Coolers! I was interested in his comments on how much cooler to use for species X or Y. Big Fin has done awesome videos on how to keep the coolers cold but it would be cool to see (or talk about) how much cooler you typically need by species in the west as well as how you pack them based on your method of processing. I assume when you hunt in MT you transport the meat in a different way than you would coming home from AZ (bone in/bone out/processed)? Thanks much for any feedback!

Great idea guys. This past hunting season in Montana, I stopped at the butch on my way home. I had shot two deer and had three ice chests. As I began packing the meat, three guys show up with three 100 quart ice chests. They thought that a bull elk and the three deer would easy fit into three ice chest. Yes this would be a great topic to cover on YouTube.

They thought that a bull elk and the three deer would easy fit into three ice chest.

I fit my bull this year boned out into a 100 and a 40 with plenty of room for ice, and I've gotten an entire buck and two turkey's into a 65. I think it would be tight but doable to get 3 deer and an elk in 3 100qts boned out, cooled down, with some dry ice. Depends a lot on the bucks and the bull, but it's not outrageous.

You would be totally hosed if you tried to do it bone in, this would definitely be a great topic for a "how to video"

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back