Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

English Pointers for sale :

Moosie

Grand poopa
Got an Email from a Friend of mine that has some Pups so I'm passing it along :

My pups are 8 weeks old, English Pointers
Parents are from champion hall of fame bloodlines
Two males one female. 1m and 1f are black and white. The other is liver and white
All have their first set of vacs
All have been wormed
Dew claws have been removed
Papers are available along with pedigrees if desired

These pups are already locking up on point to a pheasant wing at 6 weeks old

I’m asking $400 buy will look at all offers.

Where are the pups located?

Not that I'm interested, but it'll help others that may have some interest.

Pups are in Nampa Idaho.

Wally, I'm not sure what docking the tails mean so I'll ask and get back to you in the morn.

Sorry Moosie........it was a question from a long time german shorthair owner.....
bambistew's explanation is correct and I knew the answer.
WD

The tails are not Docked.. He said "Who asked that question?!?!" hehehe

So nobody interested ?

I might be interested. What blood lines? Posts some pics to pique my interest.

Not interested this year as my current English Pointer is just hitting her stride. But, if he is going to have more pups we would be interested.

Only real issues I have with the breed (at least my dog) is that they are just a little small and thin skinned to really work the thick nasty stuff.

Other than that, they seem to be tremendous family dogs, and have great nose.

Mine got 3 roosters for me on Sunday. Love to see that tight, locked point in a dog.

I went out today wit hthis dog and Another dog. Both dogs were good in their own way. As far as Beatingthe Brush, the Female English Pointer stuck her nose to the ground and dug in some nasty chizz.

The other dog was a shorthair ? Crap, I'll need to ask tomorrow. I know it was a different breed but it pointed like the dickens... and of the 11 quail we knocked down, it found every last one. Pictures tomorrow of some birds.

Moosie - you're not doing a good job trying to sell the EP pups if you're saying the GSP found all of the birds.

brymoore I don't hunt chukars nearly as much as I should but last time up by Salmon she did just great.

The big open country is what they work best, alot better than long narrow strips (fencelines/ditches/etc) that I normally hunt. One of their strengths is their ability to work the early (hot) season. When hunting sagehen my friend with labs nearly kill their dogs, mine hardly breaks a sweat.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back