Caribou Gear Tarp

Eminator's bow

powderburn

Ok had to increase the season length for Team Rack Attack. Archery season is from Sept,01-Oct,31. Eminator is now the proud owner of a slightly used Martin Phantom II. Set at 45# 26" draw with 75% let off. Arrows are Falcon Gold Tip 35 Graphite with 75gr. field tips for practice. Shoots right around the 300 fps, and wieghs in at just over 3lbs.This shoots extremely smooth and by the end of August I'll have her shooting the ring-bits out of humming birds on a fly by.
Now not to be out done by my daughter I aquired a new Martin Jaguar. Set at 55# 28" draw with a hi let off. I'll be right around the 300fps also. I'm trying Easton arrows at 2016's with100 gr field tips for now. If the combination doesn
't work for me
I'll go back to my old and I mean old PSE round wheel set at 85# with my 2219 arrows that set the pace at 352fps. Flat as a pancake and hits like a Mack truck.

Congrats on the new bows. I am surpised that you are getting 300fps out of the set up. Heck, I only get 260 out of mine at 71#'s.

mtmiller what model bow are you shooting?
I'll chronograph the Martins next week and get an exact for you. My old PSE chronographed at 352fps last fall when I checked it.

I am shooting a Bow Tech Mitey Mite. My 26" draw doesn't help me much in the speed department.

Had Eminator at the range this morning and her bow is shooting right where its pointed, proof is in the first shot over the twenty yard target butt and out to about 125yrds where it finally stopped. Ok I made a comment about fly bys and humming bird ring-bits, well lets down grade that to an ostrich standing a 11 paces with its head in the sand.
mtmiller, that mighty mite should break 300 fps at 71#. What arrows are you using?

Originally posted by Nut:
I never find out what my feet per second is because I walk too slow for anything to register. :D
Well at least I thought it was funny
shhh.gif
:D

mtmiller when I get home tonight I'll check out some info for you, I think I read about 315fps with that setup.
nut I caught that 1 so heres my suggestion. Take a couple small pebbles drop 1 and note time on wrist watch. Proceed at a comfortable pace counting your footsteps. Drop another pebble, again noting time on wrist watch. If there has been a long duration of time and litte count on steps or the pebbles are beside each other take pulse. If no pulse no need to count fps. :D

mtmiller all my reading about mightymite points to the 300 fps or a little higher at 70# Is yours the vtf or a model yr older.
MightyMite VTF Specifications

InfinityCam
Brace Height: 7 3/4"
Peak Draw Weights: 50# 60# 70#
Draw Length: 25" to 30"
Axle to Axle Length: 30 1/2"
Let Off: 65% to 80%
Mass Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz
IBO Speed Rating: 314 to 322 fps
Finish: Mossy Oak Obsession

Mine is the newest model, but heck if I know what the model is. :confused: Maybe I had a bad chronograph? I guess it is still plenty fast enough to kill something if I can do my part.

Speaking of, I guess I better take some shots. later...

You do lose a lot of speed with short draw lenght. I get about 280 with my MQ1 at 71 lbs, but it is not a speed bow.

schmalts stands to reason that there will be less speed with a short draw length. I'm gonna get back to the local archery shop in the next little while and chronograph all our bows. I'll set my daughters at both her 26" and my 28" to get an idea as to how much drop. The benifits of working some night shifts is getting into the archery shop early in the day mid-week and playing with their equipment while they are slow.
Costs me a dozen dounuts and they have the coffee.

You were getting 352 FPS from an old PSE? Thats smoking fast, that would rank it among the fastest bows on the market. IBO Speed is based upon a 70lb draw weight, 30 inch draw length and a 350 gr. arrow, I believe. There are few people out there shooting that exact IBO setup, the numbers just give you a base point comparison from bow to bow. I shoot arrows that weigh around 400 grains, a 27 inch draw and only at 63lbs, thus I can't get the 308 fps that my bow is rated at.

PB....not questioning you here but I'd be very anxious to hear what the real speed of that bwo will be.

If your shooting 2016 at 10.56 GPI at 28" and a 100gr point you arrow weight will be close to 400grains even of you shoot a 27" arrow.

400 grains at 55lb draw and 28" length will be a far cry from 300.
It's impossible to get 79lbs of KE from a 55lb bow at this stage of our technological advancement.

That being said....I think speed is over rated. So long as you hit where your aiming.

TheTone I still have not made it to the bow shop to chrono the bows . My old PSE is now set at 87lbs{maxed out], and I'm shooting a 32" 2315 arrow. I was using 2219 arrows but had a little flex in them. The 2315 has a larger diameter but a thinner wall and lighter but does not flex at release.
Kelly I should be at the archery shop some time this week I'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back