Caribou Gear

Elk photo

Are you guys kidding me? 400"!!!!! Pass that bong my friend because I think you've had enough! I'll take my bull and cut his rack up into knife handles and mail them to each of you if that bull grosses in the 390". I'd give him 375" on his best day. To be honest, I think what is throwing you guys off ( besides the weed / meth / crack / and glue ) is the FACT that this bull does not have a big body. He's tiny. Look at him compared to that deer. He doesn't exactly drawf the fawn beyond it.

Don't get me wrong. I'd kill him. He'd make a very nice european mount!

Aren't you the same boner that brought a 414 bull over to my house telling me you thought it would score about 370.

For what it's worth, I watched that bull with a half dozen other bulls from about 100 yards. Got a pretty good look actually. I'm sticking to 390-400 gross. He's a big bull.

Burns is that you??

Are the same guy that scored a 412 gross bull as a potential world record Typical? Quote, "420's gross and 400's net typical for sure!" That was with a tape in your hand too!

Clearly the only 400 Bulls you've seen in your life have been on the back of foreign cars! In fact, if you're nice maybe I'll let you take a tape to another 400"er next season so you can redeam yourself!

I didn't know where to measure the back tines on that bull with all that palmation. I'm not worthy. But I wasn't 45" off either. Maybe I'll put my crack pipe away and you can teach me about how to measure an elk rack.

Fine, I'll teach you. But I charge $59.95 an hour.

400" bulls are special. They all have certain charateristics that make them noticeable. I'm talking about, spread, mass, # of points, length of points and most likely a combination of at least 2 of these characteristics. Take a look at a 400" bull. Not the 370's in the picture on this site but a bull that was officially scored at 400 inches. Then look at the "mystery bull" here. There is just no way in hell a bull that is a 6 x barely 7 with average brow tines ( 15" ), avarage beams ( 51-52 ) average mass and standard # of points with one small extra is going to go 400. Not a chance! I think it would gross 400" if it had another 7th point on the other side that was 25" long.

A 400" bull is "special"?? No shit?

I'm guessing this fawn sized elk is just slightly better than "average." I might be overjudging him, but I think he's got a lot more mass to his antlers than the pictures indicate. I'd be really happy to get one like that sometime.

If by some freak miracle I pick up an antler and it confirms the estimates, I'll gladly call dibs on one of the moose bulls' tines for a knife handle.

385 is my official guess. not that i am any good at it. Its a hog no matter what.

Actually I already pulled one of the Moosebull tines last week when I saw it in Rapid at the Sports Show. It will make a nice handle. ;)

"My tine is bigger than your tine." :D

These photos don't quite do that bull justice... the actual video gives a much better look. Also, trying to judge a rack against a mule deer smashed flat in a zoom lens... you've got to be kidding. There's no sense of depth or space in the photos because of it... I'm betting the rack tickles 400.

But I've never shot a Moolk so what do I know :D

Greenhorn....I hope you find those sheds too...would love to see what he actually scores. See how 'off' some guys are. I don't think he goes over 380" myself. Pretty gawdang symetrical though.

Have you found him again lately??

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back