Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk muzzleloader

ARCAT- I suugest you don't use Powerbelts on elk without doing some research first. Many customers complain about the bullet breaking up with heavier powder loads. Check out Cabelas customer comments for starters.

If your going to use powerbelts for elk I would suggest going to the heaviest bullets they make.
FWIW i switched to Blackhorn 209 powder this year and will never go back to anything else again. the claims are real, shoot all day without cleaning the gun unless you have a copper fouling problem. Less smoke, non-corrosive, no cleaning, as fast as 777. Downside is the price, but to me it's worth it for the consistency. I was trying to get some 300 grain sabots to shoot good in my Omega with 777 and pyrodex and was getting 2- 1/2" groups with cleaning after every shot. Went to the Blackhorn and i kid you not i was doing one inch groups without any cleaning. I had a 3-9x scope mounted on the gun just for load testing since my eyes cant be trusted to test with a 1X red dot like they used to. Got my testing done and swapped out the scope for a red dot for hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back