Caribou Gear

Elk Books

teej89

My dad and I are going on our first DIY hunt this fall and I'm a little late on the podcast game, like podcast 13 or so? to be fair I didn't know what a podcast was until hearing about it on hunt talk... And I'm 27 so it's not like I'm out of the technology realm, I should know what these are.

Anywho... Randy, you had talked about a book you read I think it was called "Ecology of Elk" and this book helped you understand the habits of elk and assisted you in your first kill. I was wondering where I could pick up that book? I couldn't find one called the ecology of elk on the internet... it may be my google skills lol Also... you had talked about publishing your book "To Kill One You Have to Find One", I may be late to the game but has this been published?

Are there any other books/DVDs I should grab that'd benefit me for this fall?

Also just put in my order for "Bloodties" I'm excited to read this guys story!

Thanks!
T.J.

Elk101.com elk hunting university is a real good 2 dvd set.

The book you were looking for is "North American Elk Ecology and Management". I found mine on the Wildlife Management Institute website if I remember correctly. It is a textbook so it won't read like your normal hunting book, but it has great info in it.

The book you were looking for is "North American Elk Ecology and Management". I found mine on the Wildlife Management Institute website if I remember correctly. It is a textbook so it won't read like your normal hunting book, but it has great info in it.

awesome thank you! I saw that and was wondering if that was it. I'd rather it read like a text book, typically they're better for my short attention span lol

Colorado dept of wildlife has the elk hunting university on their website for free. Lots of helpful information found there.

Elknut's playbook is good reading for knowing when to use what call in what situations for what the elk are doing at the time. He also has a video series on youtube with lots of good calling information.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back