PEAX Equipment

Elevation and shooting question

To understand what MOA means, what it measures, and how to run it? Did it take you longer?
Yeah. The actual using the info and shooting. I'm still learning after many years. Guess you are a quick study. mtmuley

Yeah. The actual using the info and shooting. I'm still learning after many years. Guess you are a quick study. mtmuley

I'm still learning as well, but the part where you shoot a range with a range finder, and learn to convert that to MOA and run a ballistic calculator to get your elevation adjustment, instead of depending on a custom turret for a 400 yard shot as the OP stated...well, if it takes you years to figure that out, then I guess I am a quick study.

I’m in the process of choosing ammo and getting my new rifle sighted in. This season will my first time rifle hunting out west and up in elevation. I have mounted a new Leopoldo VX3 with the cds dial on it. (Thanks to schmalts). My question has to do with how much will elevation affect my shooting? When I have the custom dial made they need the ballistics of my ammo and also I believe the elevation. We will be hunting elk at 9,000 to 11,000 ft. It will also be used for whitetail hunting back home at 700 ft.
Did you end up going with the CDS turrets?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back