Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Eating Ducks and Geese

Nemont

I got this recipe out of the newspaper and it is one way to eat ducks that is actually good.

Duck Tacos

What you need:

2 large mallard duck breasts - or other duck

2 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon onion powder

2 teaspoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon cumin

2 cloves minced garlic

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup water

1 package flour or corn tortillas

1 large tomato diced

2 cups shredded lettuce

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 can sliced black olives

1 bottle taco sauce of choice or salsa

What you do:

Heat the chicken broth and add the duck breasts. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and let cool.

Shred the cool breasts like you would beef for tacos.

Next, in a large fry pan, add the duck, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, salt and water. Let this simmer for 20 minutes so all the great flavors blend together well.

Now fill the tortillas with the meat and add the lettuce, tomato, cheese and black olives. Top the taco off with the sauce or salsa and enjoy.

I haven't tried orange juice. I have soaked duck breasts in milk overnight and then in a southwest marinade and then grilled them to medium rare. Even the kids will them like that.

Nemont

My mother in law makes duck for every family gathering , does it in a roaster just like chicken ( removes the skin and fat first ) mmmmmmmmmm now I am hungrey again. :eek:
she got some wild duck at one time from someone and didn't tell us, chipped a tooth on some pellets, lmao :eek:
not sure where she gets her duck normally , but I should be the one supplying ( never been duck hunting ,,,,,,,yet )

One good way I've had duck is to cook it in a pressure cooker and throw in a bunch of beef boullion cubes and some seasoning.....tastes just like roast beef. Geese do the same cooked that way. Other than that I would say they can make some awesome jerky...:)

Sneakum, I like that too.. but when It's done I throw out the Duck and Drink the Boullion .. ;)

I just bought my waterfowl tag for the first time this year, I had duck last year my neighbor gave me and it was great...

I started thinking that with all the ducks and geese around here, I might as well add two more things to the stuff I have in my freezer... :)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back