Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Duck numbers for next season

I heard this the other day. It's going to be a record year I think for birds coming through Montana. My son should get a ton of shooting for his first year of hunting.

Thanks for posting link.

We better send them south TOM or they will all freeze to death by December:D Just let me shoot the crap outa them before I send them down first:hump::p I'll have pictures by November for you. Probably before your season even opens. Sorry, I had to rub it in a bit;)

38 days until early Honker and hopefully with this years hatch a bunch of BW teal too!

just got my ammo order for the year. 60 CASES of shotgun shells. YIPPEEE!!
I have 18 hunters from Colorado this year JMATHEWS. I have never heard them talk about Blue wings much before. Are there many down there? Most of these guys are from the Denver. I was down there last year and did not notice much for small ponds and such so maybe they are nt in that area?

Here is what a few shells can do to you
2008_41.jpg

We actually get a good number pass through in Sept for Teal season on through the early part of regular duck season. I hunt them on stock tanks and farm pond on the plains about an hour from Denver. I'll attach a couple years worth of Teal season openners ;)

Attachments

• 08 Teal Season 019.jpg
    08 Teal Season 019.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Tealopenner 2009 003.jpg
    Tealopenner 2009 003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 141
Nice pics!!! Sounds like there are decent numbers of them there. Do youguys get to hunt them when they are plumed out? They are pretty much long gone from here before they get any sort of decent feathering. Too bad as they relly are a pretty bird. We don't really hunt them here. Lots of them around and we do shoot the odd one or 2 but pretty much only if it is a slow shoot and one happens to come by. Hard to hit as well when the steel starts to fly.

Teal in full courting plummage usually occur no further N than mid AR...actually have a hunting Bud in SE MO that asked me to bring him, for mounting, a full plumage BW (he has killed many)....probably broke some fugging FWS stupid law, but I got him one from SE LA where we kill many every year.

I wish we had a Spring season on BWT, see them all the time, but I've never seen one fully plumed out during hunting season. We do get some pretty GWT though

Attachments

• GWT.jpg
    GWT.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 111
That right there is what I want to get in a bad way. A plumed out Greenwing!!! Now that is a great looking bird

Last edited:
Not this year Tom. I am actually over booked from what I normally do and I have no spots left this year. Sold the last one last week. I usually run from Sept1- October 15th but I had past hunters that really wanted to come and will be hunting straight till Oct23 this year and I have to get back to real work after that (the Firehall) . I lso had to book time off for a sheep hunt the end of August and I have 11 days of whitetaila nd a sea duck hunt I have to take time off work for. I have been working a pile of extra shifts to get guys to cover mine for days off for it all so I am thinking I already have too much on my plate.

I'm not against trading for a hunt but I also have a pile of invited from a lot of my hunters to do all kinds of hunts so I also have a lot of options if I want to do something.

I know you wanted to get into some Specklebellies if I remember right. If you have time next year let's go whack a bunch of them. I start my bookings after Christmas and usually have most of the year booked up by the end of Januarywith guys rebooking every year. If your serious about it let me know and I can fit you in an opening.

I like to kill piles of about any waterfowl....as you know my Ele hunt is next year, but I might get 3 or 4 of us together and come visit your killing field in 2013...

Duck numbers in MN look fair. We do get some nice green wings in the late season. A few stick around. Never seen a nice bluewinger but they sure are good eats.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back