PEAX Equipment

Duck blinds, lets see em

Nick87

Any plans or pics of your guys' permanent blinds? Need some new ideas. Went to menards today and priced lumber for 2 16' blinds.was about $2200 for the way I wanted to them😱. That was not including paint, hardware, or cattle panel to have for brushing in. One will be built in mud pretty much at water level. The other on dry ground about 25 yards off waters edge.

Well I don't have my own permanent blinds, but I've hunted in several state owned and guide/outfitter pits and stand-up blinds.

As I'm sure you are aware your water level blind will have to be either a metal or concrete pit.
Many options for the stand-up. Cheapest option would be T-post and chicken wire.
Personally I prefer blinds on skids and made entirely of metal (minus a wood bench). 45° rear overhead angle and you're concealed well. Built right and it will last a lifetime

Not quite what you're doing but here's the floating blind we built last year. $2,200 sounds like a lot for lumber on the two blinds you're describing but it is expensive right now. What on the list is driving the price up? We used to build two man blinds out of lumber and fiberglass them ourselves. They last pretty well if done right and don't cost too much.
20201001_165151.jpg20201001_165227.jpg

I am a minimalist...usually I just solo hunt laying in a jet sled with my lab sitting behind me in a second jet sled.

I think the ducks get shot at many times from rectangular objects all down the flyway and learn to avoid them.

The low profile of laying in a jet sled is different than most rectangular blinds.

I've always wanted to try skulking boats. Light a submarine sneak attack!

Not quite what you're doing but here's the floating blind we built last year. $2,200 sounds like a lot for lumber on the two blinds you're describing but it is expensive right now. What on the list is driving the price up? We used to build two man blinds out of lumber and fiberglass them ourselves. They last pretty well if done right and don't cost too much.
View attachment 176047View attachment 176049
I'll probably just build them how I always do. I frame an out with t post then run my PVC over the top with paneling. Hard to explain I'll post some pics in a couple weeks. Building them 16' each in length. One 2"x8" x16' for floor joist was $93 ea.

I am a minimalist...usually I just solo hunt laying in a jet sled with my lab sitting behind me in a second jet sled.

I think the ducks get shot at many times from rectangular objects all down the flyway and learn to avoid them.

The low profile of laying in a jet sled is different than most rectangular blinds.
Totally agree although this application will be for 4 to 6 hunters. I enjoy a good solo hunt with the dog though. Usually I dont even bring a blind of any sort for those unless I'm field hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back