PEAX Equipment

Dry

hntrjohn

Nice clear morning today. The foot hills that I can see from my house you can see exactly how dry they are. Her in California we realy did not have a spring, went straight from winter to summer. Fire season is going to be a long one.

John

it's even been warm and sunny here in the bay area...that usually lasts for a week or two, but it lasted for over a month...we've returned to early morning fog...but it's still getting sunny during the day.

but definitely need to look at things in a positive light.

more fires this summer/fall means more fresh forage in the next few years. keeps firefighters employed and most likely gets em some nice overtime.

water shortage, rationing, makes life unbearable for everyone, some people think its time to move.

gas prices keep going up, lots of used car dealerships have extra city-driven SUVs to sell for cheap.

blackouts. again, makes life tough for people, maybe a few more think its time to leave.

now if we could just get a good earthquake or two.

and can't forget the beautiful sunsets if we have some good fires burning.

just gonna have to wait n see...
30-06

We must be getting all of your rain here!!
We will set a record for the wettest spring ever by Monday :eek:

Here we are HAving a water shortage.. But The hills are still green...... Hope it stays that way for awhile.......

Good luck on the fires ~~~~~~

Here in Washington we are in the same boat.We have had hardly any rain I think we are 10 inches below normal amts.Water shortages and electricity bills are outragous,we are using less power and the bill almost doubled from last yr at this time.I have a feeling that we are gonna be in for another BAD fire season :mad: .I know at my house the soil is just like powder already and its not even June.

Well as everyone knows, last summer was hell inthe west with drought. We had 60% of norm for snowpack this winter and very litlle rain this spring. I was in the hills today and and it is like a tinderbox waiting to explode. Streams that are normally overflowing from runoff are whatr they are like in July on a normal year. The meadows that are usually full of green grass are green, but with very little grass.

I was out riding my horse the other day and it was so hot I think I saw two jackrabbits fighting over a canteen! The monsoons don't usually start down here until about the 4th of July so it will get hotter before it cools off any. It's still pretty green here but that may not last long. Good hunting to ya...

we are so far behind on rainfall,that we are also burning up as of yesterday 184 active fires and the biggest is 62,000 acres and 45% contained!:(:(:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back