Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Don’t leave your truck by a walnut tree!

That's impressive, I'd be a bit worried about chewed wires, my neighbor on one of my stints in MT had his jeep burn to the ground on the side of the road from packrats chewing wires and packing nesting material.

That's impressive, I'd be a bit worried about chewed wires, my neighbor on one of my stints in MT had his jeep burn to the ground on the side of the road from packrats chewing wires and packing nesting material.
I was talking to an insurance lady last fall and she was looking at several claims of rodents eating wires. She said Toyota’s are the worst. She said they usually have to total the vehicle because it would be so many man hours to diagnose and fix

That's awesome, not really but those squirrels sure were planning for a rainy day. I had mice pack my Toyota 4 runner's catalytic converter full of acorns and it cost over 2000 dollars to fix it. It ruined the converter, I was driving it and it suddenly went into protect mode and would only allow me to drive 35 miles an hour.

There's a spot at the top Hermit Pass in Colorado that is inundated with marmots, and they wreck havoc on the vehicle the get parked up there. As soon as you're 50-100 feet away from the truck they appear out of the rock piles and come racing in like a pack of piranhas. When you come running back or chuck a few rocks they take off again, but only for a few minutes. The first time I went up there they ripped a bunch of the insulation off the underside of my hood and they started chewing on my buddy's fender well, the second time I set a ring of 18" chicken wire all the way around the truck, they couldn't figure that one out.

Have 2 neighbors in constant battle against rodents eating wires constantly and making vehicles a nest.
So far I have just had clogged heater fans & air filter intakes and some insulation eaten above engine. Had rabbits take a ride to town too...
Went into a trailer I use for storage the other day looking for some tool. Place is now a packrat nest.Time for war again.
the Marmots in the Sierras can be brutal.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back