Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Doe Antelope Run Off Cliff By Off-Leash Dog

I'm guessing way higher than that.

I second that. It is in their nature to give chase to critters that run from them. However, the owners still have a responsibility to control their animals and should have liability for the damage to wildlife and public land. However, the idea that all dogs must be on a leash, that is unrealistic. I can imagine a requirement by uninformed but well meaning people to cause hunting dogs to be leashed at all times coming down the pipe otherwise. Outside city limits and developed camp sites, generally there is no leash requirement. But dog owners still are required to control their animals. I don't doubt that this article is accurate in what they do report, but I have a feeling it is not reported in full context.

I second that. It is in their nature to give chase to critters that run from them. However, the owners still have a responsibility to control their animals and should have liability for the damage to wildlife and public land. However, the idea that all dogs must be on a leash, that is unrealistic. I can imagine a requirement by uninformed but well meaning people to cause hunting dogs to be leashed at all times coming down the pipe otherwise. Outside city limits and developed camp sites, generally there is no leash requirement. But dog owners still are required to control their animals. I don't doubt that this article is accurate in what they do report, but I have a feeling it is not reported in full context.
Whatever boomer.

I (obviously) have a cat, but I huck rocks at any cat that gets near my bird feeder.

Maybe, but the next off leash dog that craps or pisses in my yard, I'm following the owner home and doing the same thing in their yard personally, stay tuned to the 10pm news.

LOL do what I used to do. The neighbor used to let his dog crap in our yard without any restraint and he had a big dog that left big piles so I started cleaning it up and putting it in his yard on the porch. We finally talked and he apologized and I never had that dog crapping in my yard again. We ended up pretty good friends once that issue settled down. Our own dogs are small and leave small piles and I got them trained to wait until we are in the field or in the alley. Not perfectly obedient but it works. In the parks and specially in posted areas I do pick it up with plastic bags.

Where I live it's not stray dogs but dogs on leashes that crap on the sidewalks here. I don't mind if they do that in the alley, but not on the sidewalks where everyone generally walks and I got a small sweeper attachment for my mower that picks it up off the grass.

We also have a neighbor behind us that has four labs and does not clean up the dog piles except maybe once a year. Man the wind smells during the hot summer from that.

I guess I grew up in a place were dogs were shot for running deer and no body thought anything of it. Even if it was your dog. I know I've shot two. from my parents back deck, the third got away. This was pre-wife.

Side note: my wife has a cat that likes to go outside and crap on the neighbors yard, no worries, there is one dog that gets walked without out a leash 2 times a day that swoops though that yard and eats it. Love it when the cute doggo licks my face!

#weareallguiltyofbeingdickheads #wearealldownstream #chiteatinggrin

Side note: my wife has a cat that likes to go outside and crap on the neighbors yard, no worries, there is one dog that gets walked without out a leash 2 times a day that swoops though that yard and eats it. Love it when the cute doggo licks my face!

We got feral cats that keep crapping in my garden. Very annoying to weed the garden and my srawberry beds and grab a handful of cat doo doo. The dogs have fun trying to keep them out of the yard.

I guess I grew up in a place were dogs were shot for running deer and no body thought anything of it. Even if it was your dog. I know I've shot two. from my parents back deck, the third got away. This was pre-wife.
Same...

I grew up where taking pot shots at deer run ragged by your dog is considered hunting.

Yeahhh your wife has a cat. Riiiiiight. Is this the same Neigbor you post pics of back about 11 years ago? #yeahiremember #canttrustaguywithacat.

I work across the river from a popular dog park in a riparian/cottonwood area. Three times now I've watched dogs kill whitetail while their owner tries to call them off.

It'd be interesting to know how much wildlife gets killed by dogs each year.

Not good. I'd think an E-collar would fix that situation. Dog takes off after a deer, dog gets lit up and decides chasing deer isn't all that great of an idea.

If you own a Dog,keep it under your control .I don't care where you live it's your job too control your pets.

We had a neighbor that had a german shepherds that was chasseing our sheep so we called him and ask him to tie it up. He said that it would never do that and it was not his. So dad said that if it did it again that he was going to shoot it. The next day the guy called and asked if we had seen his dog? Dad just said not since it was chasing the sheep. I think we ended up shoot a few of his dogs over the years.

I have also shot a few that were out chasing deer. If you want a pet then you should control it and keep it from running around
Cats get it too, equal opportunity

We had a neighbor that had a german shepherds that was chasseing our sheep so we called him and ask him to tie it up. He said that it would never do that and it was not his. So dad said that if it did it again that he was going to shoot it. The next day the guy called and asked if we had seen his dog? Dad just said not since it was chasing the sheep. I think we ended up shoot a few of his dogs over the years.

I have also shot a few that were out chasing deer. If you want a pet then you should control it and keep it from running around
Cats get it too, equal opportunity
Elk magnet is that you???

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back