Digital powder measures

Calif. Hunter

They are on sale - are they any good? The RCBS Chargemaster Combo and the Lyman 1200 DPS II are about the same price. Is one better than the other? They both act as a measure and a scale, and both claim accuracy to about 1/10 grain. Anyone have thoughts on which one is better?

don't trust them. They are too sensitive and are subject to things like overhead ceiling fans, breezes from other rooms, etc. I have a 3 beam scale that works just fine.

:cool:

Agreed to what dan says , I dont like my digitals at all 3 beam is teh only way to go.

Delw

We have had a rcbs for few years. It isn't a accurate as a scale but it is quicker. I just use it as is, but more ammo set's it a little under and trickles it by hand with the beam. I still out shoot him at the range! :D

I've had good luck with my DPS 1200. I even spot check charges from it with my beam scale, and they have been very close, as advertised. The DPS is slower than the new RCBS unit that is out, (make sure it's the new one) and if they are the same price within $20-30 bucks, I'd spring for the RCBS myself if I was buyin a new one. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back