Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Delacroix's New Pup

Erik in AK

One day Delacroix got him a new Lab puppy as duck huntin' is a major big deal down dere in da' bayou country.

Almos' immediate like dat pup seem not right. He would eat him a lil bit but woo'nt touch no water. Now dat worryin ol' Delacroix a lot cus he take duck huntin' real serious like an he layed out a whole season trappin' money for dat dere dog.

Now Delacroix take care of his animals but he can't 'ford not trip to da vet so he try and figger out a cure for the dog on his own. He try ev'rything. He put sugar in da water. He put soda. He even try whiskey but dat pup woo'nt have nuttin'.

By dis time dat dog is real poorly and close to dyin' when Delacroix good fren Boudreaux come polin' 'cross in his pirogue. Boudreaux sees his fren all glum an ask why so Delacroix tell him the whole story.

"Sacre' Blu' Delacroix" crys Boudreaux "Dats easy as pie"

"What we gon' do Boudreaux?" Delacroix ask

"Grab dat pup an git down to da bayou"

So Delacroix gather up da poor pup and head for the edge of da water.

"OK, here what we gon' do." say Boudreaux
"I'm gon' hol' his ears an' you gon' hol' his legs in one han' and his tail in da udder. Now when I push his head down in da water you gon' suck on his ass as hard as you can suck."

"I'm gon' do what!?" say Delacroix in disbelief.

"You hear'd right. You gon' suck on his ass."

"You see" Boudreaux continued "...a pup system kin'a like a gas mota', ever once't in while it get vaporlock an' since the mout' and da ass is connected when you suck on his ass it gon' suck da water down his mout' and he gon' drink"

Now Delacroix see the logic of the plan right off an' he agree. So when Boudreaux push the pup head in da water he start suckin' for all he wert.

Now dat pup don' like dis not one bit and he fightin' and strugglin so Boudreaux jam his head down a lil more. Well after a minute or so Delacroix pull his mout off da dog ass an he spittin' and cussin'.

"Goddammit Boudreaux...pick his head up a little I ain' gettin' nuttin' but mud"

biggrin.gif
hump.gif
biggrin.gif

Wonder if that's where the term "Mud-Puppy" came from? Guess if you're a Cajun, mud is a fact of life. They eat "mudbugs" (crayfish), fish with "mudpuppies" (a larval stage of salamander), and their favorite sport is "mudbogging" in a 4WD truck with the biggest monster mudder tires on the market.
elkgrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-31-2004 08:08: Message edited by: RogueWarrior1957 ]</font>

Back