Deer Attacks, Kills His Owner in N.Y.

Washington Hunter

By Associated Press
Sun Nov 12, 7:41 PM

ELLENBURG, N.Y. - A deer being kept in a pen attacked and killed his owner Sunday, state police said.

The buck that killed Ronald Donah, 43, was among about a half dozen deer penned up on his property in Ellenburg, about 180 miles north of Albany, said state Trooper Joseph House.

Details of Donah's injuries and what may have prompted the attack were not available Sunday.

Maureen Wren, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Environmental Conservation, said Donah had a license to keep the white tail deer on his property but did not know why he was doing so.

She said deer attacks, at least in the wild, are extremely rare.

Donah was taken to CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh, where he died. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.

a frind of mine had deer in a pen.
the buck got out a couple times but would stay around the house....he would chase it back in the pen when it got out, one fall the deer kicked his ass before returning to the pen.....roflmao!
he had the nads cut off of the buck and solved the problem.the deer stayed in velvet and didnt shed its horns after the sex change op.

Deer attacks in the wild may be rare,,but deer kept in pens tend to do quite a bit of butt kicking..Mostly during the ruthump

Maybe we should list the "Penned White Tail Deer" as a dangerous game animal like they have in Africa:eek:

Hunterman(Tony)

I took my cape in to a Taxidermist to get it tanned. he has one of those deer farms as well that he sells Texas style hunts:rolleyes:
Anyway there was a big buck standing by the fence looking at me and the owner and i asked why his horns were cut off. He said it knocked himn down one too many times last week so he darted it and sawed the horns off. I walked up to the fence and petted it, and he was licking my hand like a happy dog. The owner said they are like the snow monster in the Rudolph the red nosed raindeer movie, remove its teeth and he is a big baby.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back