Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Decisions...

BiggWimm

So i just bought my first bow, ever, and I am trying to figure out what sights I want to get. Having done some research on the internet, I find that there are many schools of thought. I noticed that many people are opposed to having sights with the fiberoptics, for light gathering, wound or exposed in the front of the sight. People seem to believe that the animals can see that. Curios to know what guys on this site think. Is it really that much of an issue? seems to me a person would want to make sure that they had plenty of light to the sight. I have never had that much of an issue with animals "spotting" me in my blaze orange. Input would be appreciated. THANKS!!:)

You can't beat fiberoptic sights, especially in cloudy and low light conditions. With your first bow, I'd suggest a sight with a level in it, to make sure you are shooting consistently. I have a Truglo 5 pin fiberoptic sight with a level and I think it was around $50. You might be able to get away with a 3 pin sight, depending on the speed of your bow. You'll probably be shooting within a couple inches all the way out to 40 or 50 yards, so you can set a top pin at say 30 yards, then have a 50 and 60 yard pin.

People seem to believe that the animals can see that.

Sometimes the internet gives me a headache.

Buy a fiber optic sight. I will give you $50 for every animal that is spooked by your sight.

Can you even buy a non-fiber optic sight anymore?

I use a Copper John Dead Nutz fiber optic, and will agree fully with Dinkshooter if the deer are spooking, it's not your sight thats scaring them.

I'm shooting the Spot Hogg with the wraps too. If deer are seeing your fiber optics your letting them get way too close.LOL Montana Black Gold makes some nice rugged sights too.
Make sure whatever sight you pick has adequate protection for the fiber optic fibers and pins. The fibers are very brittle and are easily broken when brush gets poked through your sight guard.(I know from experience.)

Spott Hogg
Sword
Montana Black gold

Buy a good sight (with fiber optic pins), it will last you through several different bows.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back