December tornado in Wisconsin

Chad Gus

My hometown (stanley) was hit by a tornado last night. Zero casualties or serious injuries reported, a few buildings completely destroyed and numerous houses and buildings sustaining moderate to severe damage. Trees and powerlines down all over town, power not expected to be back on till sometime tomorrow. FB_IMG_1639685494491.jpgFB_IMG_1639685521007.jpgFB_IMG_1639685528027.jpgFB_IMG_1639685538090.jpgFB_IMG_1639685533422.jpgFB_IMG_1639685515795.jpg

Last edited:
My hometown was hit by a tornado last night. Zero casualties or serious injuries reported, a few buildings completely destroyed and numerous houses and buildings sustaining moderate to severe damage. Trees and powerlines down all over town, power not expected to be back on till sometime tomorrow. View attachment 205634View attachment 205635View attachment 205636View attachment 205637View attachment 205639View attachment 205641
Such a crazy event for us up here last night for sure. My family and my wife are from O-W and this occurred a mere minutes south from there! Thankfully all of our family members up that way aren't reporting quite the devastation as just a few miles south.

I heard there was 100 mph wind expected south of here in MN yesterday. Apparently 40' waves on Lake Superior here. Our storm in the middle of the night was fairly brief. Almost fifty degrees and a deluge of rain on top of a hefty snow accumulation made quite a mess. Temps now falling very fast and snowing. Supposed to drop to -11C by this evening. All that was water or slush suddenly becoming ice. Very dangerous.

Such a crazy event for us up here last night for sure. My family and my wife are from O-W and this occurred a mere minutes south from there! Thankfully all of our family members up that way aren't reporting quite the devastation as just a few miles south.
This is in stanley, 20 miles west of O-W

This is in stanley, 20 miles west of O-W
Gotcha. There was also a tornado just north of Neillsville and I figured that was the one you were referring to! Both about the same distance from OW and to my knowledge, that area received some damage as well but nothing from a tornado.

Same line of storms went through our area. 70-80 mph gusts. The schools let out early yesterday because the wind was tipping busses over. the kids didn’t have school today because of no power. The only damage I had was my traeger took a tumble off the deck and is pretty bent up.

Thoughts and prayers to all who were injured or received damage.

Heard about Stanley on the news this morning. As devastating as the damage is, I'm glad it wasn't deadly. Went a little south of us, but some friends had pole sheds and a lean-to blown into the neighbor's 40.

I was at my cabin and came home yesterday so my wife wouldn't be alone when the storm came through. No damages here but definitely very rare event for December.

Up here (or rather over here ... I'm quite a ways south of 49th) we are having a helluva blizzard Thursday night so you folks in Wisconsin may not be out of the woods yet. Very cold and windy. Hang in there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back