Day packs that haul meat.

mtmuley

I'm looking at the MR Pintler. Anything else to consider? I know I will need to try them for fit, just want experiences with a daypack that will haul an elk quarter. Thanks guys. mtmuley

I love the way my ExoMountain hauls meat. If you're looking for a daypack only, their K2000 would be great.

I have the MR Mule, which is smaller and lighter. You can only use this pack at for day hunting, possible for extended outings if you pack your sleeping gear in the meat shelf. The bag is big enough to carry everything I need to be out all day ie- kill kit, puffy, spotter/15s, tripod, food, stove and water. Just like the Pinter, it has a load shelf to haul an elk quarter with.

exo 2000 will easy haul a quarter, or a boned out muley. and comfortable, and its light weight, done it many times

You are right there. You really should check out any of the stone glacier packs. They really haul meat out well and are very light on your back until that occurs.

Buy the frame of your choice and add ~1500ci bag or have one made. I’ve been doing that for many years, works fine and your not walking around with 3000ci wadded up and cinched to the frame.
This is a stone glacier and access bag.
98E592BC-5BDB-4A85-9CD1-7A1923E63FFB.jpeg

Custom bag
02AEDA7F-945A-46A6-A52C-807770A7EA62.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got a MR Crew cab and do all my Day hunting with it, plenty of room for all the gear from archery to late season glassing. Great meat hauler as well

The Pintler is a great pack. I have its predecessor, the Longbow, and have hauled out alot with it to include a moose hind. Randy11 had one of those EXO K2000s, you might want to give him a ring and ask his opinion.

As you alluded to, fit is huge. Find a frame you want, and just about every company makes a daypack sized bag for it. For my money 3000CI or below usually makes a good daypack, that will sustain you through the late season.

X3 on the EXO. It is very well thought out and is tough. Plus, I can pull the metal arch out and throw it in the washing machine at the end of the season. Hang it up to dry and it is like new.

I have a Pintler. It has plenty of room for everything I have needed so far. I haven't had the occasion to haul meat with it yet, but I am plenty confident it is up to the task. It is very rugged, no issues with tears or anything even bushwacking around in the ocotillo on the mountains out here.

Back