Damn Piggies

Redmt

I posted a couple pictures a day or so ago of some piggies that didn't seem to mind my dozer.IMG_20230530_081209061_HDR.jpgIMG_20230530_081005362_HDR.jpg

Today I have a buddy running my grader putting a quick spiff up in the entire road. It doesn't seem that heavy equipment or the sound bothered them at all.
I'm starting to think guided hunts on a dozer may pay better than actually pushing dirt.

I posted a couple pictures a day or so ago of some piggies that didn't seem to mind my dozer.View attachment 278940View attachment 278941

Today I have a buddy running my grader putting a quick spiff up in the entire road. It doesn't seem that heavy equipment or the sound bothered them at all.
I'm starting to think guided hunts on a dozer may pay better than actually pushing dirt.
Where do I sign up?

The problem with hunting piggies is you never know where they are going to be. They may hang out for a couple hours or a couple weeks. It seems that the smaller 5-10 pig groups are tough to find. When were do run across them there could be 40-50. This group has maybe 20 plus babies. They have been pretty close for around a week. Who knows where they may be tomorrow.

I posted a couple pictures a day or so ago of some piggies that didn't seem to mind my dozer.View attachment 278940View attachment 278941

That's pretty cool. Usually the sound of an ATV or truck sends them into the brush. Them little fellers must not get much pressure around your place....

We're surrounded by non hunters for about a mile each direction. It's probably the reason we're loaded up with elk. I was shooting squirrels yesterday and an elk herd was about 1/2 mile away. Shooting didn't bother them a bit. If they see a human they scatter pretty quickly. Same with the pigs if they hear a truck.

Back