CZ Redhead Premier 20ga, Good customer servicešŸ‘

Birdbander

I won this shotgun at a RGS banquet 7.5 years ago. It was apparent as soon as I started using it that it fit me much better than my previous shotguns, and my hit percentage on birds was proof of that.

Through the years on rare occasions the gun would double fire, both barrels at the same time. I'd read that this was a know issue but it didn't impact me enough to send it in.

At the beginning of December the gun started to have fail to fire issues that escalated quickly to almost not firing.

I don't have the proper tools nor expertise to do more than remove the stock, which I did, to clean what I could.

Contacted CZ. Made arrangements to ship it in and sent it off just before Christmas. Received the following email today:
Description: CZUSA FS REDHEAD PREMIER 20GA 28IN

Work Performed: Installed lighter selector block spring and larger diameter hammer pin to reduce the chance of a bump fire double. Failure to fire was caused by excessive rust in ejector sear channels which was impeding hammer travel. Cleaned out monoblock and oiled entire gun. Fit new firing pins and installed lighter firing pin springs as precaution.

Looking forward to getting it back and very happy with the quick turnaround time and helpful customer service.
Just thought I'd share.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back