Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

CVA Optima Elite ???

texasbucksandbirds

I am looking at a new single-shot for my son to begin shooting and found a CVA Optima Elite in .223 Rem. I had only heard of CVA muzzleloaders before this. Has anyone shot/used this brand rifle. The guy at Academy said it will shoot right along side the T/C Encore. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Optima elite and love to shoot it. I bought it in 30-06 and then ordered the 223 barrel. They come with the bergera barrels and are very accurate right out of the box. I have not hunted anything but paper with the 06 but do hunt coyotes with the 223. I think your son will be happy with it, It is a great gun to learn with and in 223 very inexpensive to shoot. Another nice thing is once he gets comfortable with the 223 you can upgrade him to a bigger caliber for hunting, the barrels are around $200 and can be changed out in less than a minute. :)

Thanks for the reply Big Luke! I hope to have one by the end of next week. Now I just have to choose between the stainless or black matte barrel. Thanks again and happy hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back