Crossbow for practice

chevyman181

Hello All,

I might get stoned for this but ohh well. I don't get the range time with a rifle that I like to, or that I used too. I've had a lot of time on my hands today to think about random stuff. I was wondering if a crossbow would work to help practice with a rifle. I have a range in the yard we're I can shoot my bow 100 yards. I was wondering if a started shooting a bow if would help my rifle game.

Just a random thought.
Thanks
Schwartzy

Get a quality .22 air rifle with scope that can have a trigger job/adjustment done to it - been there done that and still doing it. Trust me - you’ll become a much more observant accurate wind reader. And I live in the country.

As one of those damn crossbow hunters, I absolutely believe shooting the crossbow will help your rifle skills regarding smooth trigger squeeze, follow through, target acquisition and sight picture. You can find more places to shoot a crossbow than a firearm, thus can probably get more trigger time in.

I crossbow hunted several years due to an injury. Crossbows are easier than compound for sure,but still takes practice. Fundamentals are same as rifle shooting but still different enough (balance/handling/recoil/muzzleblast) that I would recommend lots of dry fire practice with your hunting rifle and plenty of live fire with a .22 or .17 bolt gun at home if possible, then a couple trips to the range with the hunting rifle before the season. I have a 200 yard rifle range on my property but the neighbors don't like the noise so every summer/fall the wife thinks I'm loosing my mind when I start pointing and clicking away and practicing field positions. Ohh the joys of being married to a woman that didn't grow up around guns😁. and having whining neighbors 🤬

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back