Critique my clothing: Montana, November, Units 324/330

eric308

Proposed setup:

-Lowa Mountain GTX 200 gram over Smartwool Socks
-Under Armour Storm Poly pants over Black Ovis Merino boxers and 190 bottoms (and, if needed, REI midweight polypro bottoms)
-Black Ovis 190 crew plus 230 1/4 zip hoody
-First Lite Corrugate Jacket as shell
-First Lite Cirrus Puffy (as needed)
-First Lite Springer Vest in blaze orange
-First Lite Scree gloves over Black Ovis 190 merino glover liners (and, if needed, chopper mitts with liners)
-First Lite Merino Brimmed Beanie, Fleece beanie, polypro balaclava
-Gaiters

Will this suffice? Thanks.

Yep, just make sure you shed layers on the way up the mountain so you don't drench everything in sweat.

Looks good to me. Use the layering system and enjoy the puffy jacket while glassing. Life saver.

If you think you are going to kill anything wearing UA pants over BO boxers you are dreaming.

Jason Hairston offered to sell me some limited edition KUIU boxers knitted from Land Tawney's stolen beard trimmings but I turned him down.

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of UA, but those pants fit great. So far, I'm very impressed with BO merino; time will tell.

I hunt the same area and I got by last year in just Sitka Ascent Pants and Jacket. And then we got a foot of snow on Sept. 14th (?). Then it was Sitka Mountain pants and FL Cirrus Jacket! :) Your list looks good. I'll keep an eye out for you down there. ;)

-Mike

The only thing that looks weird to me is using 400g merino for your blaze orange requirement. I'd replace that with a light weight poly mesh but that's just personal preference speaking.

Nice kit. One up on FL gear. My spouse and I wear their product as well. I have a couple base layer items (merino) from Sitka I’ll admit. You should be good on your entire list. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back