Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Unit 37

CubsFan

I've got a second season doe tag that is technically good for units 18, 28, 37 and 371. I've spent some time in unit 37 in Silverthorne and north of it so I plan to stick to that unit. Some things have come up at work so I am going to have less time to hunt than initially expected so I want to make the most of my time afield.

I picked out a few glassing spots some higher than others. Since the weather has been quite warm does it make more sense to focus on the higher spots? If anyone is familiar with the area I have a couple spots picked out in the Ptarmigan Wilderness area that are at about 11,500-12,000 feet and a few on each side of Ute Pass RD that are around 9,000 - 10,000 feet and below.

Thanks.

"Ptarmigan Wilderness area that are at about 11,500-12,000 feet" - Seems too high for does to me.

Went out north of Ute Pass on Saturday. I picked the area because it was mid elevation and looked pretty rugged. Terrain was very tough, tougher than I expect but it did make it so I only saw one other group of hunters. Didn't see any deer or elk from my glassing spots but was bumping some deer just hiking around so I adopted more of a still hunting strategy in the timber. Had two decent opportunities but didn't like my shot either time so I held off.

Planning to go out this weekend but will first be studying the map. I'm thinking of going farther north on 9 near Kremmling and hunting some of the BLM land there. Let me know if anyone has any other general areas to investigate in 18,28,37,371.

if you go north I'm thinking you'd have to:

1. Forget your gun
2. Decide the doe had to weigh 400lbs before you shot
3. Go temporarily blind

To not shoot a doe mule deer......................

I hunted unit 28 just southeast of Hot Sulphur Springs during the 3rd season last year. Was looking for a buck and ended up seeing only does and elk. Plenty of hunters but not as crazy as opening weekend of 2nd rifle this year. There seem to be plenty of deer up there, just a matter of getting on em. Good luck!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back